Good day, dear user. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to help stop the spread of COVID-19. The Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic has spread to almost all of the countries of the world and we need your help to prevent it from spreading more. You can do this by staying home as much as possible and practice social distancing when you do have to go out. Your actions will save lives.
If you are looking for activities to do awhile you are at home, here are some suggestions:
- Spend Time With Your Family. One of the unexpected parts of the pandemic is that it is giving us the opportunity to spend quality time with our families. Nowadays we are all busy with work, school, and other things that keep us from spending enough time with the most important people in our lives. Let take this opportunity and make the most of our time with our families.
- Learn Something New. If you find yourself with too much time on your hands, why not try to expand your knowledge? We live in the era where information is readily available online and on our mobile devices. We can take online course to enhance our work skills and knowledge base, download an app to learn a new language, and watch videos on how to improve our cooking skills. Check out the links below to explore some of the many options you have.
Coursera: Take online courses and learn the latest skills for free!
Crash Course:Learn about World History, Sociology, Physics, Philosophy, Mythology, and other topics through humorous videos made by experts!
TED Talks: Listen to lectures by academics on various topics for free!
Busuu: Learn a new language anytime, anywhere with this language-learning platform that connects you with native speakers from around the world!
Duolingo: Learn a new language with this free software that makes learning fun!
Binging with Babish: Follow along awhile this professional chef recreates some of the recipes depicted in your favorite films, tv series, and video games!
Tasty: Find new and exciting recipes that you can make for you and your family!
Bon Appétit: Enjoy the shenanigans of professional chefs that develop new recipes for a popular American food magazine!
- Catch Up on Reading. When is the last time you have sat down and read a book? For some people, the answer is today or yesterday. For others, it has been years since they have had the time to stop and read a book. Now that you have the time, pick up that book you have always been meaning to read, gave a cup of your favorite drink, some snacks, and enjoy! If you don’t have any books at home, you can read modern and classic books on your phone using Bookmate or download a book for free from Project Gutenberg.
- Start Exercising. Just because the gyms in your area are closed due to the virus, it doesn’t mean you should stop working out. You can easily exercise at home. And if you don’t work out normally, this is a great time to start! It will not only keep your body fit, but it will also help you release stress and stay healthy. Mobile applications like Pocket Yoga and Map My Fitness Workout Trainer help you workout no matter where you are and build a workout routine.
- Have a Movie or TV Series Marathon. Finally we have the time to binge watch all the movies and series that we have been meaning to watch! You can also coordinate with your friends and watch the same movie together without having to leave your houses. Just call your friends and start the movie at the same time!
- Play Video Games. Playing online video games can help you escape from the monotony of daily life by keeping your mind busy, thrilled, and excited. By playing games, you can focus on something else other than what is in the news. You also do not have to worry about social distance when playing video games. You can play multiplayer games with your friends or use RecorderZ to record your gameplay and share it with your friends!
- Watch Videos on Zapya. Don’t feel like watching a movie or a tv series but still want to watch something? You can find a variety of short videos to watch on your Zapya application!
- Play Games on Your Phone. There are thousands of games available that you can download to play on your mobile device. If you have trouble picking out what game to play, you can download Zapya MiniGame and have a variety of online games that you can play whenever you want. You can choose to play with your friends or let Zapya MiniGame match you up with another player so that you can play anywhere at anytime.
No matter where you are from or where you are now, we are all in this together. Let’s complete this mission together!
(This message will not self-destruct in five seconds)